Seeking Part-Time Clinical Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the clinical programming and services of the center
- Direct all clinical program activities, outpatient psychotherapy, and support groups, and ancillary services for children, youth, and adults
- Develop new programs and services for the community
- Manage the clinical internship program for graduate students from the fields of social work, psychology, and counseling programs; work closely with graduate schools during the course of the placement
- Delegate direct clinical supervision of the student interns per school requirements
- Provide clinical supervision of contracted supervisors and/or pro bono clinicians seeking hours for licensure
- Responsible for caseloads, client assignments, and work performance
- Responsible for clinical policies, procedures and standards, training materials, onboarding, in-service training, and ongoing group supervision and trainings
- Responsible for agency compliance with state and federal guidelines and quality management of clinical files
- Work closely with office manager for billing and other clinically related services
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors with clinical operations, clinical program expansion, and budgeting of the clinical programs
- Represent the organization in all aspects of personal and professional life
- Experience working in an affirmative way with transgender, non-binary, and LGBTQIA+ communities
- Working knowledge of World Professional Association for Transgender Health Standards of Care (WPATH) version 7
- Master’s degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, counseling, or psychology and full licensure
- Proven experience in leadership and management of clinical programs
- Proven experience in clinical program planning and development
- Registered and in good standing with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
- Knowledge of Colorado Mental Health Statutes and HIPAA policies
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Previous grant writing experience
- Previous experience billing Medicaid
- Compensation to commensurate with experience
We are saddened to announce the resignation of our beloved Executive and Clinical Director, Dr. Karen Scarpella. During her eight years as Director for the Gender Identity Center, Dr. Scarpella has accomplished many great things and has elevated the organization to new heights. Most recently, these accomplishments include procuring a wonderful new facility with plenty of counseling rooms and community space, collaborating with the Salud Clinic to provide affordable medical services to trans* individuals, and allying with Workforce Solutions to assist trans* individuals in their career searches. Dr. Scarpella’s contributions and dedication to the trans* community over the past 20 years cannot be overstated and she will be greatly missed.
In the interim, the Gender Identity Center will continue its programming and services without interruption. All support groups, counseling services, workshops, medical appointments, and events will be held as scheduled. The Board of Directors is happy to report that the organization is healthy and growing rapidly. The leadership of the GIC is dedicated to the mission of the organization, and we will continue to work tirelessly to support and represent the trans*, gender variant, non-binary, and LGBTQ+ communities.
This is an exciting time in the history of the organization and we are thrilled at the opportunity to find new ways to expand our resources and services to meet the growing needs of the communities we serve. We are grateful for your continued support as we move the Gender Identity Center forward toward a bright future.
The Board of Directors
The Gender Identity Center of Colorado
The Gender Identity Center of Colorado, Inc. is a non-profit corporation formed to provide support to anyone gender variant in their gender identity and expression. The Gender Identity Center of Colorado is also an informational and educational resource to the community at large. The Gender Identity Center of Colorado is available to anyone, male / female / other, who can benefit from its services or resources, including spouses, significant others, parents, and siblings.
The Gender Identity Center of Colorado is a tax exempt, 501(3)c nonprofit corporation which provides these public services to the community. It is funded by collection of tuition for seminars and workshops, counseling services, and donations. Receipts can be given for any donation of money or materials.
The mission of the GIC is to provide support for all gender identities and expressions through direct services and social change utilizing empowerment, identity affirmation, outreach, education, advocacy, creating safe spaces, and a sense of community.
We have exciting news! Beginning April 5, we will have trans-related medical services available at the GIC! Hours are monthly on the first Thursday of the month from 2-6. Medicaid and self-pay accepted.
Call the front desk to schedule an appointment.